phook.net

Sorry not sorry
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:22 pm
Posts: 3134
garrison wrote:
Trumps Twitter account hasn’t been suspended yet


President Trump is the best thing to ever happen to twitter, they'd be foolish to suspend it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 26238
Gotta love faux social media reporting. Let's make sure the outrage is out there before the details!

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:26 pm
Posts: 10382
Location: uncle ebenezer tour
mybodyguard wrote:
lol.

So twitter rightfully suspended her account because she was posting personal info?

I wonder if anyone on this board has strong feelings about that kind of behavior?

:lol:
#nailedit


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
Jammin72 wrote:
Quote:
Update: Twitter clarified that McGowan's account was temporarily locked after she posted a tweet with a phone number. The company says that action violated its terms of service. The tweet has been removed and her account has been reinstated. Twitter also pledged to "be clearer about policies and decisions in the future."



alls well that ends well


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:06 pm
Posts: 47981
Location: Hail state!!!!!
sjw is a terrible fad.

White women are just awful

_________________

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 41789
Location: Bay Area, CA
garrison wrote:
Jammin72 wrote:
Quote:
Update: Twitter clarified that McGowan's account was temporarily locked after she posted a tweet with a phone number. The company says that action violated its terms of service. The tweet has been removed and her account has been reinstated. Twitter also pledged to "be clearer about policies and decisions in the future."



alls well that ends well



lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
boy that paul feig, he's a real dumb dumb, huh?

Quote:
Late Thursday morning, Twitter said it had unlocked her account. "We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her Tweets included a private phone number, which violates our Terms of Service," the Twitter Safety team said in a post. "The Tweet was removed and her account has been unlocked. We will be clearer about these policies and decisions in the future."

Twitter's response came after a storm of protest, including celebrities including actress Jessica Chastain, who wanted to know while rule McGowan broke and director Paul Feig, who asked why they were applying the rules to her and not Trump, "who threatened to wipe out another country."

McGowan echoed Feig's complaint when she finally resumed tweeting Thursday afternoon, asking, "When will nuclear war violate your terms of service?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:18 pm 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 6:49 am
Posts: 60606
Location: You can call me Al.
Never heard of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 26238
Jesus, that bolded part is terribly written. It took me a few times to figure out what they were actually trying to say.

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:06 pm
Posts: 47981
Location: Hail state!!!!!
Boots_McGee wrote:
Jesus, that bolded part is terribly written. It took me a few times to figure out what they were actually trying to say.


It's pretty well written for a woman

_________________

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
grrrrr


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 10:46 am
Posts: 10866
garrison wrote:
boy that paul feig, he's a real dumb dumb, huh?

Quote:
Late Thursday morning, Twitter said it had unlocked her account. "We want to explain that her account was temporarily locked because one of her Tweets included a private phone number, which violates our Terms of Service," the Twitter Safety team said in a post. "The Tweet was removed and her account has been unlocked. We will be clearer about these policies and decisions in the future."

Twitter's response came after a storm of protest, including celebrities including actress Jessica Chastain, who wanted to know while rule McGowan broke and director Paul Feig, who asked why they were applying the rules to her and not Trump, "who threatened to wipe out another country."

McGowan echoed Feig's complaint when she finally resumed tweeting Thursday afternoon, asking, "When will nuclear war violate your terms of service?"


agreed, he's a complete idiot for jumping to the wrong, outraged conclusion based on incomplete facts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
you bros are the idiots

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 am
Posts: 64455
Location: RVA
twitter is stupid

_________________
Badger my ass....Its probably just Millhouse


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
Extremely


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 6:49 am
Posts: 60606
Location: You can call me Al.
All I can find is that he read it out at a campaign rally.

Go ahead and find proof that he tweeted it.

I might be wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
That's straight from her fb page it must be true


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:01 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 6:49 am
Posts: 60606
Location: You can call me Al.
I mean regardless of the fact that shes trying to justify giving out people's personal information :lol:

It's a bad dumb argument and absurdly hypocritical coming from her.

Whatever. Nothing new.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
The bros are idiots tho. Wait how to you turn this stupid pen on?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:23 pm
Posts: 33512
Location: Corner of 5th and the milkyway
:lol:

_________________
Like nice feelings and stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
yep, absurd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 pm
Posts: 13490
Sex tape


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:57 pm
Posts: 34747
mybodyguard wrote:
I mean regardless of the fact that shes trying to justify giving out people's personal information :lol:

It's a bad dumb argument and absurdly hypocritical coming from her.

Whatever. Nothing new.

Lol. The dumbest of dumb


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:44 pm
Posts: 14368
Location: Disease covered Puget Sound
Fwiw, you’re pretty fucking dumb, lr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
they dont get twitter is inconsistent with their time outs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
:babycryinggif:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:44 pm
Posts: 14368
Location: Disease covered Puget Sound
why is fee your avatar? i've wanted to ask for a while.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
She's amazing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2001 7:44 pm
Posts: 14368
Location: Disease covered Puget Sound
she is p cool.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:23 pm
Posts: 33512
Location: Corner of 5th and the milkyway
gr8fuldan wrote:
She's amazing


Tru dat

_________________
Like nice feelings and stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
garrison wrote:
you bros are the idiots

Image

he never tweeted his number
he read it aloud at a rally when he was fighting with graham


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:31 pm
Posts: 29445
Location: the land of everyday disappointment
You bros are the idiots!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/ ... .einDw9nmJ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
i hate trump probably as much or more than anyone here
but just throwing around “facts” is doing literally the same thing he does.
counteracting his foolishness by using his same brand of fake news baloney only feeds the fire of insanity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
ok, this isnt really about Trump this is about twitters inconsistency in their rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:23 pm
Posts: 33512
Location: Corner of 5th and the milkyway
Well until they become consistent boycott them

_________________
Like nice feelings and stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
Dude who create a Twitter said because of the boycott they are changing the rules


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
and

i guess she was wrong but she has a great point


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
and

i guess she was wrong but she has a great point


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
ok
twitter has billions of users
if they banned everyone for anything, no one would use the service. same as here - banning hippie because he has sucked lately is not in anyway legitimate. even if you report him for sucking. they have computers to look over the “infraction” in question, and then move on. there’s no feasible way this could be done by humans.

and while twitter probably definitely sucked in its operations in 2007-2009 (where a majority of that article talks about) i’m sure they have tightened up the ship a good bit since then.
instead of getting mad at twitter, get mad at people using it as a means of belittling and harassing someone. this isn’t twitters fault.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
No they haven’t


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
garrison wrote:
and

i guess she was wrong but she has a great point

did anyone report them?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
idk

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/13/twitt ... lenavtrend


http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/10/twit ... nding.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 pm
Posts: 13490
joeblowssnow wrote:
ok
twitter has billions of users
if they banned everyone for anything, no one would use the service. same as here - banning hippie because he has sucked lately is not in anyway legitimate. even if you report him for sucking. they have computers to look over the “infraction” in question, and then move on. there’s no feasible way this could be done by humans.

and while twitter probably definitely sucked in its operations in 2007-2009 (where a majority of that article talks about) i’m sure they have tightened up the ship a good bit since then.
instead of getting mad at twitter, get mad at people using it as a means of belittling and harassing someone. this isn’t twitters fault.



Billions?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
330 million active users last month
thanks for helping me see the error in my ways


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 112049
I will retract the idiot bro’s comment but I will not retract that Twitter has been inconsistent in their abuse policy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 pm
Posts: 13490
Rose mcgowan is DTF


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 28004
Location: seaughttle
yeah they could step it up
they also process probably 500,000 reports daily of some kind of violation of twitter policy.
and computers don’t exactly have a humans touch when it comes to those sorts of issues
it’s gonna be interesting to see how they figure it all out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 26238
joeblowssnow wrote:
i hate trump probably as much or more than anyone here
but just throwing around “facts” is doing literally the same thing he does.
counteracting his foolishness by using his same brand of fake news baloney only feeds the fire of insanity.


Truth

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 am
Posts: 64455
Location: RVA
Reverend_Jim wrote:
Well until they become consistent boycott them

Done.

_________________
Badger my ass....Its probably just Millhouse


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigJibboo, BonnieLee, BT, Kanye_West, mybodyguard, Namurti, paschutt, tweek, veryhappytrader and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.