phook.net

Yes!! Jag runkar!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 pm 

i mean, if he pared 9 women that's pretty violent.
i leave all my paring to fruit.

im okay. are you okay?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm 

leave the paring to Ed Gein

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:56 pm 

I guess it's no surprise that the hillbots would use the same strategy of attacking the accusers that Bill used. I bet she is trailer-trash too, huh?

- President Franklin D. Roosevelt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:57 pm 

hophead17 wrote:

Oof

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm 

dafuq is dis guy goin on?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:05 pm 

Malkovich wrote:
leave the paring to Ed Gein

Lulz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm 

Sarah Silverman expounding upon being angry at people you like, in this instance Louis.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:09 pm 

what's the story with those people sleeping like that in chairs?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:30 pm 

9 pages on leann tweeden and no #1's...damn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 pm 

:roll:
there was the one photo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:34 pm 

Forget the photo...9 fuckin pages

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:41 pm 

I had no idea this type of behavior happened. If only someone had told us :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 pm 

RagingHardOn wrote:

Yes this is victim shaming but rule #1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 pm 

:facepalm4:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:09 pm 

Vivian Copeland wants us to decide if she was asking for it because she dresses like a slut.

lol

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 pm 

hophead17 wrote:
RagingHardOn wrote:

Yes this is victim shaming but rule #1

What a dumbass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm 

Good lord. Doesn't matter how "slutty" she may be. No means no. Fuck people.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:33 pm 

I have no idea who Vivian Copeland is but based on the blindly partisan victim blaming she engaged in, I'm guessing she's a "must follow" for many of our resident twatter lovers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm 

Love twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm 

BabyDonkey wrote:
Love twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:41 pm 

I just read through the replies to that tweet. Vivian Copeland is almost as bad as thsea and dduquette combined.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:44 pm 

garrison wrote:
BabyDonkey wrote:
Love twitter.

I'm hoping the next generation shuns twitter and facebook like the plague and for some odd reason want to "unplug". I don't think the whole thing is healthy really.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm 

Fuck Twitter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm 

It's totally unhealthy. I know I've been reading more books lately as a way to decrease my screen time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 pm 

milliways wrote:
I just read through the replies to that tweet. Vivian Copeland is almost as bad as thsea and dduquette combined.

Since looks are so important to Vivian, I wonder if she realizes she looks like a dyke cunt. Seriously. Someone needs to point out that just cause she's homely and has some manly features, she doesn't need to hate on pretty girls

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 pm 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 17769b415f

Quote:
As a feminist and the author of a book on rape culture, I could reasonably be expected to lead the calls for Al Franken to step down, following allegations that he forced his tongue down a woman’s throat, accompanied by a photo of him grinning as he moves in to grope her breasts while she sleeps. It’s disgusting. He treated a sleeping woman as a comedy prop, no more human than the contents of Carrot Top’s trunk, and I firmly believe he should suffer social and professional consequences for it.

But I don’t believe resigning from his position is the only possible consequence, or the one that’s best for American women.

Cynics on both the right and left will presume I am passing by this particular steam tray on 2017’s smorgasbord of feminist outrage because Franken is a Democrat, and so am I. (I was even his proud constituent for two years.) In the most superficial sense, this is true. But it’s meaningless to say it’s because I am a Democrat without asking why I am a Democrat. If you understand what it means to be a Democrat today — that is, why it makes sense to vote blue over red in this highly polarized political environment — you can understand why it might not make the most sense to demand Franken’s resignation, effective immediately.

I am a Democrat because I am a feminist who lives under a two-party system, where one party consistently votes against the interests of women while the other sometimes does not. I am not a true believer in the party itself nor in any politician. I am a realist who recognizes that we get two viable choices, and Democrats are members of the only party positioned to pump the brakes on Republicans’ gleeful race toward Atwoodian dystopia. Meanwhile, I recognize that men’s harassment of and violence against women is a systemic issue, not a Democrat or Republican problem, a Hollywood problem, a sports problem, or a media problem. Its roots lie in a patriarchal culture that trains men to believe they are entitled to control women’s bodies —for sex, for sport, for childbearing, for comedy.

When you combine these things — an awareness that the Democratic Party is no more or less than best of two, and an understanding that men in power frequently exploit women — it becomes difficult to believe that Franken is the only sitting Democrat with a history of harassment, abuse or assault. The recent #metoo campaign demonstrated how normalized unwanted kissing and groping are in our culture. Donald Trump was caught on tape crudely admitting to both of those transgressions, and we made him our president. According to the CDC’s National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, 1 in 3 women experiences some sort of contact sexual violence in her life. Sexual harassment and assault are simply too widespread for Democrats to respond to Franken’s offense with only Franken in mind: We need to respond in a way that helps us develop a protocol for meaningful change.

It would feel good, momentarily, to see Franken resign and the Democratic governor of Minnesota, Mark Dayton, appoint a senator who has not (as far as we know) harmed women. If I believed for one second that Franken is the only Democrat in the Senate who has done something like this, with or without photographic evidence, I would see that as the best and most appropriate option. But in the world we actually live in, I’m betting that there will be more. And more after that. And they won’t all come from states with Democratic governors and a deep bench of progressive replacements. Some will, if ousted, have their successors chosen by Republicans.

[Capitol Hill has a sexual harassment problem. And no amount of training is going to stop it.]

In other words, if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms. The legislative branch will remain chockablock with old, white Republican men who regard women chiefly as sex objects and unpaid housekeepers, and we’ll show them how staunchly Democrats oppose their misogynistic attitudes by handing them more power.

Isn’t that hypocritical? I hear you asking, Because Republicans won’t do the right thing, we shouldn’t, either? But if the short-term “right thing” leads to long-term political catastrophe for American women, I think we need to reconsider our definition of the right thing. I am in no way suggesting that we decline to hold Franken accountable for his offenses — only that we think in terms of consequences that might actually improve women’s lives going forward.

For example, if Franken genuinely wishes to be an ally to women, as he claimed in an expanded statement Thursday, here’s what I would like to see him do. First, cooperate fully with an ethics investigation, as promised. Second, declare as soon as possible that he will not run again in 2020, so other Democratic candidates for that seat have plenty of time to prepare their campaigns. Third, go on a listening tour to learn what the women of Minnesota — Native American women, Somali women, Hmong women, Karen women, disabled women, queer women, working-class women — most want him to fight for in his remaining time, and go to the mat for their needs. Accept that some women will not want to talk to him at all, or will only want to yell at him for being a pig. Go anyway.

After all that, I would like to see him support a qualified progressive woman, who will carry on that important work, to run for his seat. (If she won, she would be the second woman ever elected to represent Minnesota in the Senate. Minnesota has been a state since 1858.) Whether he does so publicly or behind the scenes will depend on the sincerity of his atonement and Minnesotans’ perception of same. If they forgive him, he can stump for her, but if they don’t, he can still offer fundraising expertise, connections and advice privately. He can leverage the many advantages of being an older, famous white man (which inevitably persist despite temporary ignominy) to elevate a progressive woman to the political height he once achieved.

[Maybe we can’t root out all sexual harassment. But we can end most of it.]

Then, when (okay, if, but like I said: I’m a realist) another Democratic politician’s sexual misconduct is revealed, we can ask the same of him. Don’t just apologize and drop out of sight. Do penance. Live the values you campaigned on. Be a selfless champion for women’s rights.

There are, of course, limits to this formula. If a Democratic official is credibly accused of a violent assault, or if their alleged abuses relate to or involve their work in politics, we should demand their resignation and encourage a full investigation. As I write this, only one woman has alleged that Franken assaulted her; if her story emboldens others to tell theirs, and the senator is revealed to be a serial predator, then I wouldn’t want him in a position of power for one more minute. And if by some miracle, Republicans actually do start holding their own accountable for sexual misconduct — instead of arguing about whether a grown man who preys on teenagers is fit for office — then most of my argument dissolves. In that happy circumstance, I would gladly throw all the sexist jerks in the sea, regardless of party affiliation.

But in a sharply divided political climate where toxic masculinity knows no party, yet is only ever acknowledged by one, we must think about how to minimize harm to women. One more empty apology and resignation, one more head on a pike, will not make American women safer or better off. Powerful men lifting up women’s concerns and supporting progressive women candidates, however, could be a real step toward changing the culture that makes victims of so many of us.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:54 pm 

look at how the money's changed..

1997 - 6 settlements for $40,000
2017 - 8 settlements for nearly $ 1 million..think they'll top 7 figures by the end of the year?

whoa actually looking at that list again..2002, 10 settlements for nearly $ 4 million! what the fuck did those people do? Wonder if this will lead to the details of these being released..taxes paid for all this yea? Should the details be released?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:44 pm 

BabyDonkey wrote:
It's totally unhealthy. I know I've been reading more books lately as a way to decrease my screen time.

This is a seriously good idea. I want to get a little more educated about what's actually going down in the Middle East/Syria.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:52 pm 

That’ll cheer you up!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 pm 

Jammin72 wrote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/11/17/im-a-feminist-i-study-rape-culture-and-i-dont-want-al-franken-to-resign/?utm_term=.f517769b415f

Quote:
As a feminist and the author of a book on rape culture, I could reasonably be expected to lead the calls for Al Franken to step down, following allegations that he forced his tongue down a woman’s throat, accompanied by a photo of him grinning as he moves in to grope her breasts while she sleeps. It’s disgusting. He treated a sleeping woman as a comedy prop, no more human than the contents of Carrot Top’s trunk, and I firmly believe he should suffer social and professional consequences for it.

But I don’t believe resigning from his position is the only possible consequence, or the one that’s best for American women.

Cynics on both the right and left will presume I am passing by this particular steam tray on 2017’s smorgasbord of feminist outrage because Franken is a Democrat, and so am I. (I was even his proud constituent for two years.) In the most superficial sense, this is true. But it’s meaningless to say it’s because I am a Democrat without asking why I am a Democrat. If you understand what it means to be a Democrat today — that is, why it makes sense to vote blue over red in this highly polarized political environment — you can understand why it might not make the most sense to demand Franken’s resignation, effective immediately.

I am a Democrat because I am a feminist who lives under a two-party system, where one party consistently votes against the interests of women while the other sometimes does not. I am not a true believer in the party itself nor in any politician. I am a realist who recognizes that we get two viable choices, and Democrats are members of the only party positioned to pump the brakes on Republicans’ gleeful race toward Atwoodian dystopia. Meanwhile, I recognize that men’s harassment of and violence against women is a systemic issue, not a Democrat or Republican problem, a Hollywood problem, a sports problem, or a media problem. Its roots lie in a patriarchal culture that trains men to believe they are entitled to control women’s bodies —for sex, for sport, for childbearing, for comedy.

When you combine these things — an awareness that the Democratic Party is no more or less than best of two, and an understanding that men in power frequently exploit women — it becomes difficult to believe that Franken is the only sitting Democrat with a history of harassment, abuse or assault. The recent #metoo campaign demonstrated how normalized unwanted kissing and groping are in our culture. Donald Trump was caught on tape crudely admitting to both of those transgressions, and we made him our president. According to the CDC’s National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey, 1 in 3 women experiences some sort of contact sexual violence in her life. Sexual harassment and assault are simply too widespread for Democrats to respond to Franken’s offense with only Franken in mind: We need to respond in a way that helps us develop a protocol for meaningful change.

It would feel good, momentarily, to see Franken resign and the Democratic governor of Minnesota, Mark Dayton, appoint a senator who has not (as far as we know) harmed women. If I believed for one second that Franken is the only Democrat in the Senate who has done something like this, with or without photographic evidence, I would see that as the best and most appropriate option. But in the world we actually live in, I’m betting that there will be more. And more after that. And they won’t all come from states with Democratic governors and a deep bench of progressive replacements. Some will, if ousted, have their successors chosen by Republicans.

[Capitol Hill has a sexual harassment problem. And no amount of training is going to stop it.]

In other words, if we set this precedent in the interest of demonstrating our party’s solidarity with harassed and abused women, we’re only going to drain the swamp of people who, however flawed, still regularly vote to protect women’s rights and freedoms. The legislative branch will remain chockablock with old, white Republican men who regard women chiefly as sex objects and unpaid housekeepers, and we’ll show them how staunchly Democrats oppose their misogynistic attitudes by handing them more power.

Isn’t that hypocritical? I hear you asking, Because Republicans won’t do the right thing, we shouldn’t, either? But if the short-term “right thing” leads to long-term political catastrophe for American women, I think we need to reconsider our definition of the right thing. I am in no way suggesting that we decline to hold Franken accountable for his offenses — only that we think in terms of consequences that might actually improve women’s lives going forward.

For example, if Franken genuinely wishes to be an ally to women, as he claimed in an expanded statement Thursday, here’s what I would like to see him do. First, cooperate fully with an ethics investigation, as promised. Second, declare as soon as possible that he will not run again in 2020, so other Democratic candidates for that seat have plenty of time to prepare their campaigns. Third, go on a listening tour to learn what the women of Minnesota — Native American women, Somali women, Hmong women, Karen women, disabled women, queer women, working-class women — most want him to fight for in his remaining time, and go to the mat for their needs. Accept that some women will not want to talk to him at all, or will only want to yell at him for being a pig. Go anyway.

After all that, I would like to see him support a qualified progressive woman, who will carry on that important work, to run for his seat. (If she won, she would be the second woman ever elected to represent Minnesota in the Senate. Minnesota has been a state since 1858.) Whether he does so publicly or behind the scenes will depend on the sincerity of his atonement and Minnesotans’ perception of same. If they forgive him, he can stump for her, but if they don’t, he can still offer fundraising expertise, connections and advice privately. He can leverage the many advantages of being an older, famous white man (which inevitably persist despite temporary ignominy) to elevate a progressive woman to the political height he once achieved.

[Maybe we can’t root out all sexual harassment. But we can end most of it.]

Then, when (okay, if, but like I said: I’m a realist) another Democratic politician’s sexual misconduct is revealed, we can ask the same of him. Don’t just apologize and drop out of sight. Do penance. Live the values you campaigned on. Be a selfless champion for women’s rights.

There are, of course, limits to this formula. If a Democratic official is credibly accused of a violent assault, or if their alleged abuses relate to or involve their work in politics, we should demand their resignation and encourage a full investigation. As I write this, only one woman has alleged that Franken assaulted her; if her story emboldens others to tell theirs, and the senator is revealed to be a serial predator, then I wouldn’t want him in a position of power for one more minute. And if by some miracle, Republicans actually do start holding their own accountable for sexual misconduct — instead of arguing about whether a grown man who preys on teenagers is fit for office — then most of my argument dissolves. In that happy circumstance, I would gladly throw all the sexist jerks in the sea, regardless of party affiliation.

But in a sharply divided political climate where toxic masculinity knows no party, yet is only ever acknowledged by one, we must think about how to minimize harm to women. One more empty apology and resignation, one more head on a pike, will not make American women safer or better off. Powerful men lifting up women’s concerns and supporting progressive women candidates, however, could be a real step toward changing the culture that makes victims of so many of us.

That is interesting. Hypocritical but truthful too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:57 pm 

elsnerr wrote:
look at how the money's changed..

1997 - 6 settlements for $40,000
2017 - 8 settlements for nearly $ 1 million..think they'll top 7 figures by the end of the year?

whoa actually looking at that list again..2002, 10 settlements for nearly $ 4 million! what the fuck did those people do? Wonder if this will lead to the details of these being released..taxes paid for all this yea? Should the details be released?

You're assuming an unsourced tweet for some random guy is true. Has hophead17ever posted something that wasn't a lie to support the alt-left narrative?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm 

Just wanna b on the record as one of the folks that KNOWS it doesn't matter if his damn finger is touching her or not. In a court of law it might matter but the important discussions, the RELEVANT questions and discussion. is about the system, or culture or rape culture, or patriarchy or whatever the fuck you wanna call it that makes many to most guys think the mere idea of grabbing a sleeping woman's tits is in some way funny. That sexual assault mimed or otherwise, is funny.

It isn't now if it ever really was. And anyone who can't come to grips with that needs to be shown the door of whatever houses their damn maladaptive ass.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm 

ty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:07 pm 

Are you saying the OOC did not release a report detailing $15-17 million in payouts, Doug?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 pm 

No. I'm saying I don't believe shit just because someone tweeted it. Do you have credible link?

Really, the hillbots, and hophead17 specifically, have cried wolf so much already you'd have to be unbelievably gullible to still believe the shit they post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 pm 

dduquette wrote:
No. I'm saying I don't believe shit just because someone tweeted it. Do you have credible link?

Really, the hillbots, and hophead17 specifically, have cried wolf so much already you'd have to be unbelievably gullible to still believe the shit they post.

get worked you fucking tool
https://www.compliance.gov/sites/defaul ... iation.pdf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 pm 

Lulz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm 

Look Doug, I'm as skeptical of tweets as anyone, in fact my disdain for twitter is evident in this thread among others. But calling someone out for an accurate tweet is almost as disingenuous as perpetuating a false one.

Especially when most can be confirmed or debunked in 90 seconds of reading.

You showed your ass, Doug. You really let me down on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

get worked dd

― Dalai Lama XIV

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:47 pm 

diaf dd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm 

I love Sarah Huckabee sanders comments today about Trump being a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm 

link it up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 pm 

I heard a soundbite. She was asked about Trump talking shit about Franken but not Moore or himself. And she said that Franken admitted to wrongdoing while Trump and Moore have not admitted to anything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:23 pm 

That doesn’t sound like she is saying They are hypocrites

Sounds like they are denying the accusations

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 pm 

Well the reporter framed it as this is what sanders had to say about whether or not the president was hypocritical in his tweets

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

I believe you yo, just going by your post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 pm 

Understood. I like to clarify when needed

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:02 pm 

mybodyguard wrote:
Look Doug, I'm as skeptical of tweets as anyone, in fact my disdain for twitter is evident in this thread among others. But calling someone out for an accurate tweet is almost as disingenuous as perpetuating a false one.

Especially when most can be confirmed or debunked in 90 seconds of reading.

You showed your ass, Doug. You really let me down on this one.

The lesson of "The Bot who Cried Wolf" wasn't that there wasn't a wolf. There was. The problem was that the boy lost all his credibility before the wolf actually came and nobody believed him.

Instead of posting everything derogatory about T'rump, take a second to verify if it's credible or not first. Because that reflects on your own credibility. And now you can see why credibility is important - because people won't believe you even if what you are now saying is true.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next