phook.net

Yes!! Jag runkar!
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: do you exercise
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 pm 

toda wrote:
you vigilant about your diet?

Yes. I eat whey protein shakes for bfast/lunch most days, protein/veg/low starch dinner, healthy snacks and little bit of cheats for my sweet tooth fix. Trying to keep beer to one day per week and only having a few. I think im being good, working hard, seeing results but MAN its a slow road for a while now. I do see some new definition in the core from my plank routine i started 40ish days ago. Oh and try to hit 80oz of h2o at least daily.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:25 pm 

And again i killed the thread. Seems to be my thing lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:47 pm 

No you didn't.

Hurt my knee running hard last month. I've been giving it a week of rest then trying again and i get hit with almost instant pain. Happened again last Sat when i gave it another shot. Starting to get bummed. My days off feel so weird with running first thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 am 

stt wrote:

sorry man, did not return to the internets yesterday after work.

I made it to the gym yesterday which made me happy, although it was my only visit this week.

I know you lost a ton of weight, I don't remember how big you were when you started but I do know that when people lose a lot of weight, sometimes they are stuck with the skin elasticity because of the larger size before. Do you think it is from that at all? I think some people consider surgery...if that is not the case have you considered a trainer to try and pinpoint the exact places you need work with?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:02 pm 

Hobbs wrote:
RockingHamiltons wrote:
If I was going to get back into it and do weights 3x a week...what would be the best way to split up body parts for effectiveness?

Back/bi

Legs/lower body

Shoulder/chest/tri

?

Back

Chest

Shoulders

Start with legs as a warm up. Finish with abs.

For clarity, triceps and biceps will get exercised by working the primary muscles. Even chest presses will exercise your biceps with an underhand grip.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:15 pm 

Not on purpose. I bike commute, for fun and transportation, but I guess it is also exercise.

I was looking forward to classes at the staff gym at my school, but I crashed the bike last week, and my hip is killing me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:59 pm 

Do any of you know of any good at-home exercises using some combo of dumbells and/or resistance bands for hand and forearm strength? I don't really want to buy one of those grippy things.
After over a year of lifting my hands and forearms still fatigue more quickly than anything else and I'm sort of tired of it.
(My form is fine and I am lifting the correct amount. It's just my spindly hands, wrists, and forearms.)

¯\_(ಠ╭╮ಠ)_/¯

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:29 pm 

toda wrote:
stt wrote:

sorry man, did not return to the internets yesterday after work.

I made it to the gym yesterday which made me happy, although it was my only visit this week.

I know you lost a ton of weight, I don't remember how big you were when you started but I do know that when people lose a lot of weight, sometimes they are stuck with the skin elasticity because of the larger size before. Do you think it is from that at all? I think some people consider surgery...if that is not the case have you considered a trainer to try and pinpoint the exact places you need work with?

Went from about 270 to 185/190. Yes i have the leftover loose skin and little bit of love handle/manboobs left.
I am doing alot of core (planks, incline situps, leg lifts, etc) along with chest flies galore. Im slowly making progress and have been seeing new definition since completing my last 30 day plank challenge, but i wish there were better results. Im getting great returns on my strength gains, my cardio is thru the roof, but i would love to lose the compression shirts that keep it all in when i workout. Trainer just aint in the budget and im all about DIY anyway. Surgery i would never consider. I want to do this organically, just sweat and will.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:42 pm 

I check the scale the other day and I’m 35lbs lighter than this time last yr