Switch to full style
Post a reply

Do you struggle when you sleep?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:41 pm

I have trouble falling asleep, but once there, no waking up and no tossing and turning

Re: Do you struggle when you sleep?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:47 pm

I thought about making this thread earlier today, but I passed.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:48 pm

philjryan wrote:I thought about making this thread earlier today, but I passed.

Good call

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 pm

If I take enough meds I have no trouble sleeping. On the rare occasion I do not have those meds, herb helps immensely.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes. I barely sleep. My poor wife.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Namurti wrote:If I take enough meds I have no trouble sleeping. On the rare occasion I do not have those meds, herb helps immensely.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm

sand423 wrote:Yes. I barely sleep.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 pm

I do not. I'm the guy that when it's time to sleep I can sleep. Sleeping on lsd? No problem. Sleeping after a rail of cocaine? No problem. I can literally fall asleep 37 seconds after my head hits the pillow no matter what. It drives my wife crazy.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:26 pm

No I fall asleep with ease.

If I ever am restless, I just bust ropes and pass out to mindless sitcoms on netflix

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:29 pm

if I don’t have my bedtime sleeping aid

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm

RDF wrote:I do not. I'm the guy that when it's time to sleep I can sleep. Sleeping on lsd? No problem. Sleeping after a rail of cocaine? No problem. I can literally fall asleep 37 seconds after my head hits the pillow no matter what. It drives my wife crazy.

This

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 pm

jkaroe wrote:
sand423 wrote:Yes. I barely sleep.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 pm

I can falł aslee like a boss. But if I wake up I can never get back to sound sleep. It’s all tossing turning the rest of the night.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 pm

I honestly think it's been many years since I slept through the night without waking multiple times.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:10 pm

i sleep like a rock.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:17 pm

Usually I can fall asleep okay
Though I'm a light sleeper so depending on where I am I will have a sleepless night
And sometimes from chronic pain which is the worst
And occasionally I get sleep paralysis and nightmares that cause sleep talking and shouting and flailing.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 pm

are you guys against getting sleep aid from a doctor? i use Flexeril and it’s really helpful for me

Love, a formerly poor sleeper

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I take melatonin sometimes

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 pm

Sometimes

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:34 pm

fall asleep easily
probably once a week i wake up after 3-4 hours and can’t fall back asleep

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:24 pm

upsilamba wrote:Usually I can fall asleep okay
Though I'm a light sleeper so depending on where I am I will have a sleepless night
And sometimes from chronic pain which is the worst
And occasionally I get sleep paralysis and nightmares that cause sleep talking and shouting and flailing.

Vibes. Sleep paralysis is awful. I got them often when I was younger but haven't had one in ages, but I will never forget the feeling

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm

I can't remember the last time I got 8 straight hours. It's not so much falling asleep as staying asleep. I blame it on all the years of f***ed up hours I worked. My body clock has never recovered.

Have tried the sleep meds mentioned above, no luck.

See you at 4am ;)

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 pm

flexeril?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36 pm

Yup. Makes me speedy...

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 pm

bummer & vibes

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 pm

Flexiril makes me very sleepy

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 pm

It is a godsend for me

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 pm

My wife gets it for back issues. I've taken them for sore muscles and they always knock me out. They would be great sleep meds

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Flexiril does not do a goddamn thing to me

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 am

I did get a lot accomplished after taking it. It's amazing how much you can get done in the middle of the night.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:43 am

Sometimes...although I have to take a little Ambien every night, along with a natural magnesium powder that calms. If stress levels are high, then I can't shut my mind off and have trouble staying or falling asleep and will wake up a bunch, but if all is well in my life, then it's good.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:57 am

garrison wrote:are you guys against getting sleep aid from a doctor? i use Flexeril and it’s really helpful for me

Love, a formerly poor sleeper

I've been doing a cpap mask for the last 7 months or so. Sleeping better than I've ever slept in my whole life. No snoring, no apneas, no waking in the middle of the night. Fucking amazing.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 am

2:23 EST and I am wide awake. Went to bed at 10. Woke up wide awake at 1:30

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 am

Got woken up by a drip in my room
It’s going to rain for the entire night and day until it turns to ice and snow going into Saturday
And I think I’ve got a cold
So yeah, I’m struggling

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:48 am

I rarely have a hard time falling asleep, but I only get about 4-5 hours before I have to wake up to piss. It's annoying, but such is life.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 pm

lifepulse wrote:Flexiril does not do a goddamn thing to me

I love it but haven't really ever had a stronger muscle relaxer.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:02 am

I sleep like shit. During the week I likely am not falling asleep until at least 2AM, up at 7AM. If I wake up during that 5 hr window there is no way I'm getting back to sleep.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 am

Bedtime worry, including worrying about incomplete future tasks, is a significant contributor to difficulty falling asleep. Previous research showed that writing about one’s worries can help individuals fall asleep. We investigated whether the temporal focus of bedtime writing—writing a to-do list versus journaling about completed activities—affected sleep onset latency. Fifty-seven healthy young adults (18–30) completed a writing assignment for 5 min prior to overnight polysomnography recording in a controlled sleep laboratory. They were randomly assigned to write about tasks that they needed to remember to complete the next few days (to-do list) or about tasks they had completed the previous few days (completed list). Participants in the to-do list condition fell asleep significantly faster than those in the completed-list condition. The more specifically participants wrote their to-do list, the faster they subsequently fell asleep, whereas the opposite trend was observed when participants wrote about completed activities. Therefore, to facilitate falling asleep, individuals may derive benefit from writing a very specific to-do list for 5 min at bedtime rather than journaling about completed activities.

http://psycnet.apa.org/record/2017-47677-001

Tldr: journal before bed but journal about things you want to accomplish tomorrow or the next day. Nothing guaranteed but interesting.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 am

I was having trouble sleeping in no matter what time I went to bed. I’ve been taking a supplement called kavinace for about 3 years and it’s really effective. I’m now sleeping 8-10 hours, which unfortunately is what I’ve always required to be at my best. It’s not a cheap solution but it sure works.
Last edited by Thing_Phish on Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 am

Yes I do, Which is why I am posting at 4:15 AM.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:39 am

Woke up to a screaming 2 year old after crashing around eight. Poor kid has gas. She’s finally back asleep for now but I’m wide awake.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 am

Damn dude. How's San Diego?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 am

Awesome. Gonna surf with my brother this morning. 77 today. I just hope I can sneak in a couple more hours of sleep.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:03 am

Does rubbing one out not help any if you fall asleep?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 am

Yes. My puppy decides he wants to play in the middle of the night and barks incessantly...waking me up in the process.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 pm

It generally takes me over an hour to fall asleep. I think usually randomly wake up at least twice a night. I've been like that my entire life. I honestly never knew people could fall asleep and and not wake up until morning until relatively recently.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:39 pm

philjryan wrote:I thought about making this thread earlier today, but I passed.

lol
Post a reply