phook.net

Let's Do This One Right
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2000 11:01 pm
Posts: 20753
Location: Standing on the verge of gettin' it on!
Image


Image



Been on a fun alt-80s kick lately, and right now I'm listening to these two albums for the first time in easily more than 20 years. Man-oh-man-oh-man (maaaaaaannn...) what a band!

Also, I'm heading back to Athens tomorrow, again with my daughter, to do a little xmas gift exchange, down a funky lunch, and hit Wuxtry again, so this sets the mood.

I'm also having an afternoon beer. It's a Torpedo, nothing image-worthy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 35659
^^good call. Was just listening to Chomp the other day. Good stuff.

Been listening to Beck a lot lately

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2000 11:01 pm
Posts: 20753
Location: Standing on the verge of gettin' it on!
metamunch wrote:
^^good call. Was just listening to Chomp the other day. Good stuff.

Been listening to Beck a lot lately

Image




My favorite later-career Beck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:36 pm
Posts: 118144
Location: Let me get some action from the back section
i’m listening to reggae this morning on KEXP in there playing a dub version of Eleanor Rigby


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 35659
pottery wrote:
metamunch wrote:
^^good call. Was just listening to Chomp the other day. Good stuff.

Been listening to Beck a lot lately

Image




My favorite later-career Beck


Not sure where you draw the line for "later-career," but I like most of The Information. And I like Morning Phase a lot--but definitely have to be in the mood for it. Don't care for Colors at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2000 10:52 pm
Posts: 58202
Location: Capitalism is not an excuse for greed.


Jim Campilongo - guitar
Nels Cline - guitar
Chris Morrisey - bass
Josh Dion - drums, vocal

Hot Lanta 00:00
Heaven Is Creepy 08:20
Politician 18:06
Cock and Bull Story 26:12


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:20 am
Posts: 10174
pottery wrote:
Image


Image



Been on a fun alt-80s kick lately, and right now I'm listening to these two albums for the first time in easily more than 20 years. Man-oh-man-oh-man (maaaaaaannn...) what a band!

Also, I'm heading back to Athens tomorrow, again with my daughter, to do a little xmas gift exchange, down a funky lunch, and hit Wuxtry again, so this sets the mood.

I'm also having an afternoon beer. It's a Torpedo, nothing image-worthy.


been blasting these all day. awesome awesome stuff thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2000 11:01 pm
Posts: 20753
Location: Standing on the verge of gettin' it on!
knightline787 wrote:

been blasting these all day. awesome awesome stuff thank you




cool


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BaseLine, Berks, BonnieLee, BrotherEsau, browntrout, Captain_Kirk, FOTM, hophead17, huck_finn, huntr, ILL, JCB, junkbondking, knightline787, Merlyn, mza3641, phellow, philjryan, Pyrrhuloxia, RDF, Rockhound, shaftyhead, suprisevalleyWSP, trippingandy and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.