phook.net

Sorry not sorry
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: NFA SomanyPete
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:08 am 

Yes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:18 am 

barrijm wrote:
emmasdream wrote:

WTF is phook without Pete? I mean I'm just speechless. Completely at a lose.

It's not the same. I'm a lurker but from what I see this place will never be the same. People move on, I know I don't go as crazy over Phish or this place as i used to and I bet many are in the same boat. I don't know why Pete's passing is affecting me, barely knew him in person, but I "saw" him every day here.

Didn't I meet you the same day I met coz? Orange Beach?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:45 am 

I miss laughing with him so much. He was the person to always tell me how stupid I was and how much he hated me. I have a few stories of how much he hated me,but god damn do I miss laughing with him. He was one in a million. I miss him and his laugh most of all. He could make you laugh like no other! My sympathies for everyone else that loved him and especially to his Mom. She loved him dearly. May you rest in peace, my friend and I hope to see you on the other side. <3 <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:58 am 

If anyone remembers how much Aspic went off about Paul Walker dying, it was hilarious. Aspi hated that guy! But we would bring that up to each other and it was like a stop to just laugh our asses off. Still not sure why Aspi hated Paul Walker so much? I think about Pete a lot and laugh... sometimes cry. I like to think those two are beating up Paul Walker in the afterlife.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:11 am 

Holyerb wrote:
I miss laughing with him so much. He was the person to always tell me how stupid I was and how much he hated me. I have a few stories of how much he hated me,but god damn do I miss laughing with him. He was one in a million. I miss him and his laugh most of all. He could make you laugh like no other! My sympathies for everyone else that loved him and especially to his Mom. She loved him dearly. May you rest in peace, my friend and I hope to see you on the other side. <3 <3 <3

thanks for sharing that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:18 pm 

cpj wrote:
barrijm wrote:
emmasdream wrote:

WTF is phook without Pete? I mean I'm just speechless. Completely at a lose.

It's not the same. I'm a lurker but from what I see this place will never be the same. People move on, I know I don't go as crazy over Phish or this place as i used to and I bet many are in the same boat. I don't know why Pete's passing is affecting me, barely knew him in person, but I "saw" him every day here.

Didn't I meet you the same day I met coz? Orange Beach?

Yep! ''Twas great meeting you. Another phook legend I'm glad I've had a beer with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:23 pm 

Location: NFA: G25, FunkDebo, JPE118, Studboyx, DJ_Tanner, ASPIClark, Greggurski, JeffStapes225, SoManyRds
Holyerb wrote:

Have a few pix of you cats on my other phone....will send to you in a few days when possible.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 pm 

gr8fulnfa wrote:
Holyerb wrote:

Have a few pix of you cats on my other phone....will send to you in a few days when possible.

Please do!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:05 pm 
halYEM wrote:
sortasexy wrote:
The details are that we lost Coz.
And I'm still incredibly sad about it every day.

im sad about it too. i never met him, but had pretty legitimate interactions with him for over a decade. more than with some people who i do see in my life.

dont mean to touch a nerve or make anyone say anything they are uncomfortable with...but...

how actually did he die? its not that im being gossipy or judgmental or want some kind of story....i just actually want to know what happened because im curious about what happened, or what was happening.

As someone who has been interacting with him for the past decade on here, I would also like to know how he passed. Apparently, you have to be in the club in order to be privy to that info. Let me know if you find out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:19 pm 

Why dude, what's the big deal? I knew him for over 15 years on this website and I interact with him in person multiple times. I love the guy. I don't need to know how he died. I have a pretty good idea. Get over it!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:12 am 

There was no autopsy performed. All we have is speculation, which is why we just leave it be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:38 pm 

Remember (any of you) that big mailbomb we sent him?
Dude used to send out so many freebies back in the tape/disc days. Shit, I have on a shirt he sent me.

Listening to that Camarillo Brillo > Muffin Man that he loved.

Sorry for those who were close to him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm 

Shit, we weren't even buddies. That is how much of an impact he had here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:29 pm 

I've been thinking about him a lot during this run. Really miss seeing him around here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:49 pm 

Wow I have been away to long. The last i looked for the boards they weren't online anymore. Now today I was watching some Baker's vids and thought about here. Its strange but over the past year randomly I would think about Pete while listening to tunes. We used to talk super late night all the time. As other people have said he was always online. We would talk for hours at times. I still have notes that he wrote back to me when we traded tunes. Its sad that the first time in a long time I come back to the boards and this is the news I see.

The message is that we all have/know friends and family that have struggles. Please reach out and help them even when you don't think you can help them. Break their cycle for them. You may not be able to get them to agree to get help but be persistent and over time they understand that you care about what happens to them. They need that.

RIP Pete. Love you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:27 pm 

My phone is all sorts of fucked up these days. Getting a new one next week...anyways. It is opening up apps by itself, and doing other random things at times. Today it pulled up Coz' name. I had it entered as AA - Coz because he had been sober for a few and put some of my sober folks in the phone that way for ease of access. Miss you buddy. I think you would've loved the BD run.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:07 pm 

agreed

peace, friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:07 pm 

thanks for sharing that, Memoryedit.

i too think he would have liked this last run, may have even hung around for an encore or two...
maybe.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 pm 

this pooped up on my timeline this am

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:06 pm 

*popped

good pic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:27 pm 

Wow. I can't believe it was over 14 years ago I first came to this wonderful digital place, and (digitally) met Pete.

I was a 16 years old pretending to be 30, coincidentally the age I actually am now, and not only did I have this comically bad login, but it was a ***GASP*** black login. So much material to make fun of me for. (n00bs these days probably don't even know what a black login means...) (0)

But Pete pmed a welcome and we chatted over AIM (you heard me). He was so damn cool and genuine to me, a total stranger. I had never met anyone else that shared my obsession with two very different rock and roll bands so fervently and completely. The Grateful Dead, and Black Sabbath. Then he asked for my address, and said he was going to send me something.

A week later I received the only freebie I ever got from this or any forum. A great 89 JGB show at the spectrum. Of course in SHN format on perfectly unmarked CDs.

As Pete would(and did) say, "The whole show smokes."

I will never forget the experience of getting that show. My first. In the mail. And wearing it out. I will never forget how welcome he made me feel in a place that was not exactly kind to new faces. Whatever issues he might have had, the man had a giant warm heart inside of him. Not even his most cynical persona could hide it.

But like Grisman said about Jerry, I guess we all just have to be a little more like Pete.

So maybe if I ever get the chance, I'll try to have breakfast with Bob Weir, and if the encore is US Blues... I'll just fuckin leave. 8-)

SoManyRds, Pete, Coz... There will never be another.

RIP my digital friend. You made a difference.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

Thank you for that beautiful post OLJ420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:55 pm 

Awesome post.

Also, holy shot it's OneLoveJerry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm 

Location: There won't be nothin' but big old hearts dancin' in our eyes.
Yeah, that is definitely one of the most touching posts in this thread, and that's saying a lot. That brought tears to my eyes. His kindness to strangers, what a share bear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:27 am 

Location: NFA: G25, FunkDebo, JPE118, Studboyx, DJ_Tanner, ASPIClark, Greggurski, JeffStapes225, SoManyRds
Silent in the morning.

Miss you brother

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:16 pm 

Maron Coz'd it at a Rollimg Stones concert. Talks about it in his new special. Thought about that dude. Also tlaks Phish.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:58 pm 

I had the same thought when I saw that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:21 pm 

I explained Coz’ing out to some friends at work the other day :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10