phook.net

Sorry not sorry
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: celebrate Coz
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 am 

browntrout wrote:
He always threatened to punch me in the face.

If ever there was a post that makes me believe Pete left us way too soon...

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 am 

Lol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:33 am 

Lol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:38 am 

I mailed him an edible once (a very high potency brownie)

He messaged me back saying "holy shit that thing was nuts, it was like acid"

I felt oddly proud to have been able to impress coz with drugs lol

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:39 am 

When I introduced him to my wife as my friend Pete from the Internet he gave her a real big hug and said "you wouldn't understand", and walked away

Go easy, Coz.

I'm happy I helped get you into Bisco so you could ride the saucer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:43 am 

Damn man. Sad news. Sad that i hadn't seen him in a long time, but hanging with Coz was always fun. peace dude

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:54 am 

RIP

He came in to town for a wedding a couple years back and met him for lunch in downtown Portsmouth.

Still can not believe this. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:28 am 

I like seeing all of the pictures people are posting of themselves with Pete, but I always found it strange when I'd see them posted on phook. It was like I was seeing all sorts of "imaginary" internet friends posing with a family member. I'd be willing to bet he met more phookers in person than anyone else.

januszak wrote:
maybe the 2nd time meeting Coz, we were going to a (PAGE CARPET) Yonder show in Lancaster PA. Coz drove up and met us at the bar and we didn't want want to drive to the show, so he volunteered to drive us. He didn't have a ticket and was going to put a little effort into trying to score one. 5 of us pile into his little blue car. Had to be a Chevy Aveo or something. 2006ish? WTF model was it? I mocked him for missing 2 rims on a hampster mobile but that's not the point. The point? He dropped us off at the door, said he was gonna park and find a ticket. I got a text 5 minutes later that he hit a police horse with his car and was heading home before they found him. I know this isn't' true but I want to believe it

Pretty sure that was his first time meeting you. I told him I was meeting you at Lancaster Brewing Company for drinks before Yonder and he followed me from Reading, saying he had no intention of going to see the show but wanted to meet up with you and Karen. He would have told us how shitty the show was anyway lol :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:37 am 

Random pic I found from the phishsweden meetup.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 am 

slosh wrote:
Random pic I found from the phishsweden meetup.

Kenny Chesney lot. Nondo'd.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:06 am 

awesome
You Enjoy My Beer
i'm sure my coozie is still around somewhere

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 am 

luvsphishes wrote:
I mailed him an edible once (a very high potency brownie)

He messaged me back saying "holy shit that thing was nuts, it was like acid"

I felt oddly proud to have been able to impress coz with drugs lol

Honestly, yeah I'd feel the same validation.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 am 

sickb3 wrote:
awesome
You Enjoy My Beer
i'm sure my coozie is still around somewhere

Same here :)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:13 am 

I give props to anyone that can pull of the huge plain white t look

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:29 pm 

Oh damn, this sucks, one of the few Phookers I met multiple times.

We went to Phish Philly '10. Coz came to my apartment to pick me and my buddy up. We're driving and talking about getting some blow and in 2 minutes we took a detour into the city. We get to the Amtrak station where the cabbies lineup and he gets out and starts walking. My buddy and I are like WTF ? In 5 minutes Pete comes back, throws a bag to me in the back and a cd case and says "hurry up". Chop it up and pass it around and he says "what do ya think ?" we're all like its good and then he says "give me $100 each" and goes back and gets an insane amount for 3 people. We're nose deep the whole show just woofing it out of Pete's hand the whole show. Pretty sure we left more on the ground than in our heads. Show's over and Pete is toasted and cant drive. My buddy had a gf that lived close and we could crash there. We're up til 6am and finally get to bed. When we wake up Coz is gone and my gf's roommate says "Who was your friend, Pete ? He was so nice" and I'm trying to explain Phook and you know how that goes. Anyway she said "I totally got swooned and we ended up fucking all morning and he went home". Coz said he didn't remember that the next day I called him but he always asked about her LOL.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 pm 

I was with him in Ocala and his tail light was out in his car. Of course we're riding dirty and that just seemed like asking for it to me.

I mention it to him and he says he knows it's out and he'd been meaning to get it in the shop. I said wtf are you talking about, is there no auto parts store near here?

He says do you even know what I'd need?

Dude, just get me to an auto parts store and pop your trunk.

Lol, I'm gonna really miss that dude.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 pm 

Kanye_West wrote:

We went to Phish Philly '10. Coz came to my apartment to pick me and my buddy up. We're driving and talking about getting some blow and in 2 minutes we took a detour into the city. We get to the Amtrak station where the cabbies lineup and he gets out and starts walking. My buddy and I are like WTF ? In 5 minutes Pete comes back, throws a bag to me in the back and a cd case and says "hurry up". Chop it up and pass it around and he says "what do ya think ?" we're all like its good and then he says "give me $100 each" and goes back and gets an insane amount for 3 people. We're nose deep the whole show just woofing it out of Pete's hand the whole show. Pretty sure we left more on the ground than in our heads. Show's over and Pete is toasted and cant drive. My buddy had a gf that lived close and we could crash there. We're up til 6am and finally get to bed. When we wake up Coz is gone and my gf's roommate says "Who was your friend, Pete ? He was so nice" and I'm trying to explain Phook and you know how that goes. Anyway she said "I totally got swooned and we ended up fucking all morning and he went home". Coz said he didn't remember that the next day I called him but he always asked about her LOL.

lol perfect

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:48 pm 

Never got to meet the guy unfortunately, but dude always brought the major lols around here.
Traded some PMs back and forth and did a couple beer trades.
Amazing knowledge of Phish, GD/Jerry, Miles Davis, Sabbath and tons more. Always loved that about him, especially more recently when the music discussion slowed down.

GOAT Phooker.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:52 pm 

Location: Don't you forget the red pepper and the garlic salt toooo
Warpar_01 wrote:
Kanye_West wrote:

lol perfect

That is fucking awesome

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:15 pm 

on the trip to SF w/ the KDTU show he stayed at the hotel where i worked. we hung out one of those nights and i bailed out early to catch the train home. i woke up the next day and took the train back to the city and met up with him for breakfast. dude casually told me about the night before, how he walked into the Tenderloin after i left (around midnight) and met a group of guys, and about an hour later they were in a van in East Oakland smoking crack. he took a cab back to the hotel and got stuck in rush hour AM traffic on the bridge going into SF. that was the worst part of the story for him - being stuck on the bridge in a cab at dawn.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

some more from Star Lake 09

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 pm 

don't ask! :D

We had much fun that night......

it was a great night and really not easy to leave the next morning, I will always remember!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

I first met Coz at the 10/19/96 Buffalo show.
That's one of his favorite under-the-radar shows if you feel like cranking it this weekend.
We share the same 1st show (7/23/93), I apparently ripped him off on a 11-24-98 ticket and him and I raged 11-27-98 together after which he proclaimed "I've never danced that hard during a second set before!"
Tons of show memories, tons of Met games together and now a large dose of life to take in.
Cranking some GD now and thinking of you, Pete.
Much love.
-Joey AKA Lil J

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:12 pm 

Thanks for posting that Nondo. Nice to have a picture of me with Coz, most of our exploits were not destined to be documented.0

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 pm 

hamhockarsenal wrote:
Thanks for posting that Nondo. Nice to have a picture of me with Coz, most of our exploits were not destined to be documented.0

Got you, mothrafocker and Coz on page two or three of the other thread. I was glad I could get into my old Shutterfly account to get PCW pics.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:21 pm 

These are great stories and fall in line exactly with how I pictured him! Sounds like he lived life the way he wanted to and to the fullest.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

luvsphishes wrote:
Never has a man been so open to me about wanting to bang my wife, while also being so nice and kind to me.

sorry. I'll start being nicer to you

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:32 pm 

My IT lackey has been working on waking up a ten-year-old phone most of the afternoon because I am an obsessive asshole willing to hijack resources to shut up the voices in my head. I wanted to know if there were any texts left in there from Coz. Just curious.

There was one saved:

" I'll fcuk your mom THEN fuck your dog"

really wish I had a full transcript of that conversation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:33 pm 

Nondo wrote:
luvsphishes wrote:
Never has a man been so open to me about wanting to bang my wife, while also being so nice and kind to me.

sorry. I'll start being nicer to you

its about time

I found him to be brutally honest and very gracious.

last text "Won't kick in till 90 mins. Then hold on!"

OldSchool wrote:
My IT lackey has been working on waking up a ten-year-old phone most of the afternoon because I am an obsessive asshole willing to hijack resources to shut up the voices in my head. I wanted to know if there were any texts left in there from Coz. Just curious.

There was one saved:

" I'll fcuk your mom THEN fuck your dog"

really wish I had a full transcript of that conversation

whats the deal with that avatar pal?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm 

Docendd wrote:
we crashed a wedding (I think someone from here was at the wedding).

so, lope and i are her cousin's uber-fancy wedding. way over $50k. her uncle was a general and this was his daughter's big blow out wedding. very fancy shindig in a very hoity toity resort. at the reception, i was bored and made a post here about it. estherin and coz were both like, hey, that's only like 15 minutes away! and lope and i were like, bring it on!

as expected, docendd and estherin were very nattily dressed and easily assimilated into the party with noone the wiser.

pete, of course, was in his white t shirt, running pants, and adidas flip flops.

as he walks in, he happens to walk directly in front of the general who is surveying the gala event he was throwing. pretty sure pete gave him a Sup? nod as he walked over to open bar. the general's eyes stayed fixated on him. drink in hand, he came over to us and gave us hugs and said heys. the general's eyes darkened. coz gave no shits.

it was fucking awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:48 pm 

Quote:
coz gave no shits.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:49 pm 

brotherjking wrote:
Docendd wrote:
we crashed a wedding (I think someone from here was at the wedding).

so, lope and i are her cousin's uber-fancy wedding. way over $50k. her uncle was a general and this was his daughter's big blow out wedding. very fancy shindig in a very hoity toity resort. at the reception, i was bored and made a post here about it. estherin and coz were both like, hey, that's only like 15 minutes away! and lope and i were like, bring it on!

as expected, docendd and estherin were very nattily dressed and easily assimilated into the party with noone the wiser.

pete, of course, was in his white t shirt, running pants, and adidas flip flops.

as he walks in, he happens to walk directly in front of the general who is surveying the gala event he was throwing. pretty sure pete gave him a Sup? nod as he walked over to open bar. the general's eyes stayed fixated on him. drink in hand, he came over to us and gave us hugs and said heys. the general's eyes darkened. coz gave no shits.

it was fucking awesome.

Lol...dude was literally 50% Ferris Bueller, 50% David Wooderson.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm 

what acatar?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm 

GiddyTomato wrote:
hamhockarsenal wrote:

Got you, mothrafocker and Coz on page two or three of the other thread. I was glad I could get into my old Shutterfly account to get PCW pics.

Thanks Giddy! Been too long since I've been here

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

thanks to Pete I listened to my first "So Many Roads" and I mean I really sat down and listened carefully to each tone,
it became my favorite :heartbeating:

@ jason, hey! sounds so very much like Pete that wedding story, so awesome, I can see the situation as if watching a movie :D

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm 

Lark wrote:
thanks to Pete I listened to my first "So Many Roads" and I mean I really sat down and listened carefully to each tone,

@ jason, hey! sounds so very much like Pete that wedding story, so awesome, I can see the situation as if watching a movie :D

one of my favorite ballads. i sent a version to berks today to listen to

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:06 pm 

Location: NFA: G25, FunkDebo, JPE118, Studboyx, DJ_Tanner, ASPIClark, Greggurski, JeffStapes225, SoManyRds
Thanks for starting this thread CMc, have been trying to think of what to write here since yesterday; as I fell asleep and first thing this AM. Today, I first thought this mess was a dream, but as reality quickly came in, I again began to think of what to add here to memorialize Coz. It’s been fun, my head full of smiles the last 20 or so hours thinking on this project, and I’ve narrowed it down to 2 categories. 1.The Funniest and 2. The Pool.

1. Funniest (to me at least)

So, Pete was pretty OCD about some things. He hated to have dog fir, lint and other general detritus on his clothing. The first few times he came to our house it was clear that he loved our dog who is a lap sitter and that he didn’t want fir on his clothing…. Interesting dichotomy. When he was over, my wife would eventually get out the lint roller/tape brush thingy and give it to Coz so he could remove the fir. But since he also was showing the dog some love he was nearly constantly rolling fur off his cloths, sipping beer and/or smoking cigarettes. Both hands were always full with some accoutrement of one sort or another. We would laugh our heads off at the process. After some time, we would put the lint roller out on a stool when Pete was coming over, and then after a while the damn thing just stayed there all the time. Pete kept a picture of the lint roller sitting on the stool on his phone after he moved to Florida and would text it to me periodically---to me it was his way of saying “wish we could have a beer” and I would always reply “wish you were here brother” I don’t think I have that picture on my phone, but it’s in my head….and I have still have the lint roller which, after this post will go on the shelf next to the candle which last burned on 8.9.95, in many ways Coz is this important.

2. The Pool

We all know Coz was a lifeguard. Well, it so happened when I relocated for work, we ended up renting place about 20 mins from the pool he worked at. Wife and I had the opportunity to visit Pete at the pool a good number of times… lest anyone wonder how he had so much time to listen to music it was much to do with this job. He had an old beater laptop which he plugged in one of those single speakers that is about the size of a goofball so he could listen to songs and phook. When I pushed him about it telling him the computer speakers were better, he told me he needed to balance the job (saving lives) and the level of music. Brilliant. So the three of us, Pete, Wife and Me would sit by the pool and listen to the most awful quality dead and phish shows. It was great. Everyone who came to the pool knew Pete and was happy to see him, the kids, the retirees, everyone. Afterhours we would eventually swim some, but mostly I remember sitting in the lounge chairs and that damn speaker. The rainy days were better, we sat under the overhang and could use the computer speakers since no one was at the pool but us 

NFA Brother, will always hear your voice through the music !!

Last edited by gr8fulnfa on Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:07 pm 

jbouque wrote:
Warpar_01 wrote:
Kanye_West wrote:

lol perfect

That is fucking awesome

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He definitely made the most of the time he had

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:09 pm 

luvsphishes wrote:
Lark wrote:

one of my favorite ballads. i sent a version to berks today to listen to

I listened to it while I ate my lunch... great song

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:20 pm 

@gr8fulnfa

re 1) + 2)

sitting here reading those two made me cry/laugh 50/50, thanks for sharing with us, I loved to read them

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

Lark wrote:

when I first got a login on phishhook, I thought his loggin was So Many Reds. I've never been a dead fan and had 0 clue on any of their songs minus touch of grey.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:07 pm 

hey lark!

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:08 pm 

http://phook.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3092&p=90733#p90733

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm 

freidarose wrote:
He was also possibly the only person to ever fully appreciate how much I love the band Everclear. I have no real story about this except that when the Art Alexakis fake death thread was posted he was quick to ask if anyone had checked on me. If Pete heard me tell this story he would tell me to shut the fuck up because it was obviously going nowhere.

This makes me smile.
You and I might be the only two board members who admit to loving Art and Everclear!

"We have been sleeping with the lights on
Just about every night
Because we are afraid of what the dark might bring
I know, I know it's just a childish fear
That grows and grows wild in the middle of me
I'm gonna get a new tattoo
Black and stretching around my arm
Like a life that is visible and real
I know, I know it's stupid and immature
I just want to give shape to the face
That twists inside both you and me
Breathing fire doesn't look good on a resume
Neither does anything else we do
We got to get ready for the real world
Yeah yeah we got to grow up
You know I like to die for awhile
Everyday in the afternoon
I like to let the arms of a bar wrap around me tight
I'm just going to sprawl in the front booth
Big drink above my head
Cross eyes and smiling as I watch the world go twisting by...."

WFH

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:24 pm 

only time I met was Merriweather 2014, the first night (before crazy tweezer show). I was 20 then and he definitely took on the "cool mentor" type feeling, helping me find a ticket to get in, giving me sightline tips (even though I'd been there a few times), etc. obviously tried to get me to have a beer with him but eventually gave in and gave me a bottled water. I was impressed by how he was exactly like he was on here. I've met a good amount of people on this site, and while everyone had been cool IRL, internet personas and real life ones differ plenty of times, which is fine! but he was only ever himself, judging from what every single person on here has written.

EDIT: I believe a picture exists from this meetup - if anyone happens to have it I'd like to see it. though I'm probably wearing plaid shorts or something stupid

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm 

Traveled from Charlotte to see Springsteen in Philly last September and it was the morning of the show. I'm killing time inside The Quarter at the Tropicana having a coffee and out of the blue Coz sends me a text about Springsteen. I can't remember the exact details but he knew my plans for that night and ended off with "Man, I hope you have a rockin' good show". I wish I still had that. That happened a few times over the years, just a really nice gesture from a very genuine guy.

Last edited by BrianH20 on Thu May 25, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:57 pm 

love reading these stories

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:28 pm 

I forget what show we saw @ the TLA, but we cut out early (of course) and got some balloons in a nearby alley There weren't enough ppl buying balloons, so the nitrous mafia were getting ready to pack it up. So after a little haggling, we bought the tank. Pete asked for a discount because he claimed it wasn't high enough medical grade. Then he convinced the mafia let us borrow their suitcase to transport the tank. Just picture the two of us walking out of an alley with a huge suitcase (nothing suspicious about that :lol: )

We brought the tank back to my place and worked that tank. It took the rest of the nite and the entire next day, but we managed to kill it. We spaced it out. We'd have some beers, suck down some balloons, smoked, sucked down some balloons, watched the comedy channel, suck down some balloons, had breakfast, sucked down more balloons. Can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking with all that hissing.

Then we called the mafia and returned the tank like how ppl return a keg. Pete :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next