phook.net

Let's Do This One Right
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:32 am 

welcome back

maybe you could send us all $10.00 amazon gift card.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:41 am 

blukarma wrote:
welcome back

maybe you could send us all $10.00 amazon gift card.

ooh, reparations

nice idea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:42 am 

I totally would have if it was the old board. Oh snap! Blame leonard.
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 pm 

Shroud wrote:
I'll probably stay out of the political threads for awhile. Politics really doesn't help most of us these days I guess and I'm no exception. I don't quite agree with some of your stances but I guess I'm able to listen now where I simply spoke before so perhaps there is hope. Work in progress as most things in life are.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:19 pm 

Location: There won't be nothin' but big old hearts dancin' in our eyes.
This is cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 pm 

i've been seeing shroud dipping his toes in the water

finger on the foe button

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:25 pm 

He's gotta post them spicy memes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 pm 

Pepe the frog meme. #maga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 pm 

is he back to the bullshit?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:45 pm 

Not yet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:33 pm 

slosh wrote:
He's gotta post them spicy memes.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt4B0tZYVO7DTkk/giphy.gif
If that is your idea of a spicy meme then I think you are being rather sensitive. Regardless, I find myself commenting in (and reading) the political threads far less these days. If you choose to believe that I'm up to my old antics these days then there really isn't a whole lot I can or care to do about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:36 pm 

politics aside, that is a pretty good meme tbh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:43 pm 

Those Hillary vids are hilarious I agree

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:47 pm 

I wonder who private messaged him all that nasty stuff he said about me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:51 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 pm 

lifepulse wrote:
Bump

Not something a tolerant person would do

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:55 pm 

Shroud wrote:
Anyhow, perhaps I can get to know and interconnect with some of you in a new way compared to before. Time till tell.

Regards,
Shroud

#TimesUp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pm 

lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:40 am 

Bump

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 am 

Shroud wrote:
tl;dr warning

Maybe some of you will find value in me taking the time to pen these closing thoughts as I exit this thread.

Yes, you can read between the lines about something going on when I stopped lurking all those months ago. No. I'm not going to discuss it or at least not right now. It will resolve itself calmly over the next few months in a way I couldn't assist with before and that's good and necessary for all involved. We're all doing pretty good actually and I never realized how exceptional my kids truly were already as people. It's not even all that interesting if I'm completely honest about it. Some lessons to be learned but fairly run of the mill at the end of the day.

That was a symptom though and not the cause.

There was a rage within me that consumed me from within for a long time and it would lash out from time to time and turn to ash all that it touched. Belief that my opinion was the right one for sure. Arrogance cloaked in kindness and best interest. I wasn't violent or a mean drunk or anything but words can be a weapon as well as a tool. It was something else though. People liked me sure but I raged against the walls of a prison of my own design and construction with me as the jailer and I never realized I was the one holding the key this entire time. Forced to look back and unable to move forward in ways that I wanted and needed to. An all too common story that afflicts some of us at some point in our lives and it chained me for far too long. Once you realize that you're holding the key and decide to use it then the walls fall away. The chains that bound you for so long shatter and you're left standing there looking out across a beautiful world full of hope and dreams with the ability to attain all of it through determination and effort. A little bit older certainly but hopefuly a little bit wiser. Time will tell.

I think the start of that understanding some months back is why I stopped following or thinking about politics in any appreciable way. This polarized way of thinking that is all too present is keeping us all rooted in the past and chained to it. Everyone thinks they're right and those who think differently are the ones that need to change. That's not healthy and will lead us nowhere positive and almost certainly someplace negative. Change comes from within and not from without after all.

I get it. I used this board as an outlet for months and annoyed and insulted a lot of you. Some of you will need to return the favor to move forward on your terms and that's perfectly alright. You'll find I don't send barbs back your way now or will work to not do it typically. It just doesn't align with who I'm evolving towards and who I want to be as a person is all. I always appreciated drandrea's positive outlook around here and that will be more aligned with who I am moving forward (although perhaps with slightly more restrained excess optimism on certain bands). Very different guy these days and I'm better for it as is readily apparent or at least I hope it shines through to some degree.

I'm not in recovery or born again or what not but I can respect those who need to follow such roads. Change isn't easy after all. I also don't want to change phook either. The no holds barred aspect of this board is rare these days and I love certain aspects of it. I will say this though. It's all too easy for us to think we're slinging humorous barbs in jest and they're really done out of anger and hatred. Payback for some perceived injustice or hurt suffered by the hands of others long after they themselves forgot about it or never in possession of the opinion that their words caused harm to others or to such a degree at some point in the past. Not sure what that means for us as a community ultimately. All I can suggest is the following. Set all that negative, painful stuff down and step forward and never look back. Bury the hatchets that some of you hold against each other as best as you can. Hopefully we can build moving forward for all of us and not just for some of us with a new version of phook.

Calmer and better version of Shroud these days but it's on me to model that change moving forward and to stop looking backwards. This is definitely the start of learning the humility that I lacked. Plenty of you are willing to let the past be the past as we move from one board to this new one which speaks volumes about what makes phook so special. I know others of you will soften in time. The rest of you are part of what makes us great though.

People told me for years that I had it in me to be a writer. I never had the peace of mind and calm to focus the passion and intensity into anything of consequence until yesterday. Wrote what I believe is my first attempt at writing and it will help lead me and others somewhere far far different than where I've been able to guide myself let alone those around me up until now.

Sorry for the length. I'm actually gradually learning to be more concise these days if you can believe it but I thought these words needed saying is all. I hope some of you agree. Clearly some personal parts of my life I'm figuring out how to build off of and learn from now. Thanks for taking the time to read if you made it this far.

Perhaps this is me simply introducing myself properly to the board that I lurked on for so long.

Peace out girl scout!

Regards,
Shroud
:heartbeating:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm 

is he melting again? have not been following the latest