phook.net

Let's Do This One Right
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am 

It's for his own good, you see. Promoting his mental stability and all that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 pm 

Watching Trump agree with Democrats that DACA should be a seperate stand alone issue resolved immediately and then the republican stepping in to remind Trump that the right wing party line has been border security first and must be included was very enlightening. Would have been better if someone had just said “Mr President, shit like that is why everybody thinks you are a moran.”

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 pm 

veryhappytrader wrote:
Watching Trump agree with Democrats that DACA should be a seperate stand alone issue resolved immediately and then the republican stepping in to remind Trump that the right wing party line has been border security first and must be included was very enlightening. Would have been better if someone had just said “Mr President, shit like that is why everybody thinks you are a moran.”

That exchange was redacted from the official meeting transcripts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:25 pm 

That is why no Rebublican in congress will ever grow a backbone and and do something about trump. They know that he will sign anything put on his desk. As long as they can control what is presented to him, their agenda will be served.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Donald Trump claims US sold Norway 'F-52' aircraft that doesn't exist

US President cites fictional jet from video game Call of Duty sparking widespread confusion

Hillary?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm 

bluegrasshole wrote:
Quote:
Donald Trump claims US sold Norway 'F-52' aircraft that doesn't exist

US President cites fictional jet from video game Call of Duty sparking widespread confusion

Hillary?

We sold them 52x, F35 aircraft. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm 

Love this concept, it’s not the IRS it’s you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm 

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office meeting

The post just used "shithole" in an article title....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... a56bc59d67

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump’s remarks.

Outlining a potential bipartisan deal, the lawmakers discussed restoring protections for countries that have been removed from the temporary protected status program while adding $1.5 billion for a border wall and making changes to the visa lottery system.

he administration announced earlier this week that it was removing the protection for El Salvador.

Trump had seemed amenable to a deal earlier in the day during phone calls, aides said, but shifted his position in the meeting and did not seem interested.

Graham and Durbin thought they would be meeting with Trump alone and were surprised to find immigration hard-liners such as Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), at the meeting. The meeting was impromptu and came after phone calls this morning, Capitol Hill aides said.

After the meeting, Marc Short, Trump’s legislative aide, said the White House was nowhere near a bipartisan deal on immigration.

“We still think we can get there,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the White House press briefing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:14 pm 

halYEM wrote:
Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office meeting

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they floated restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met yesterday.

The comments left lawmakers taken aback, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman declined to offer an immediate comment on Trump’s remarks.

Outlining a potential bipartisan deal, the lawmakers discussed restoring protections for countries that have been removed from the temporary protected status program while adding $1.5 billion for a border wall and making changes to the visa lottery system.

he administration announced earlier this week that it was removing the protection for El Salvador.

Trump had seemed amenable to a deal earlier in the day during phone calls, aides said, but shifted his position in the meeting and did not seem interested.

Graham and Durbin thought they would be meeting with Trump alone and were surprised to find immigration hard-liners such as Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), at the meeting. The meeting was impromptu and came after phone calls this morning, Capitol Hill aides said.

After the meeting, Marc Short, Trump’s legislative aide, said the White House was nowhere near a bipartisan deal on immigration.

“We still think we can get there,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said at the White House press briefing.

I just saw CNN used it in the text at the bottom of the screen. At first they had it ** out, but they changed it to full text.

I was away from my phone, couldn’t get a picture. I’m sure a screenshot will show up soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 pm 

Good god he is such an ignorant, racist piece of trash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 pm 

Related:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/opin ... emacy.html

Quote:
Trumpism is a religion founded on patriarchy and white supremacy.

It is the belief that even the least qualified man is a better choice than the most qualified woman and a belief that the most vile, anti-intellectual, scandal-plagued simpleton of a white man is sufficient to follow in the presidential footsteps of the best educated, most eloquent, most affable black man.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 pm 

people from Norway has to be the most thinly veiled euphemism for "white" that ive ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm 

Closest I could come:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:41 pm 

halYEM wrote:
people from Norway has to be the most thinly veiled euphemism for "white" that ive ever heard.

Why the hell would people from Norway wanna come here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:45 pm 

halYEM wrote:

...according to two people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people,

Haven't you clowns learned that the WaPo will print anything derogatory about T'rump without corroborating it first?

ABC and CBS both had "3 sources" who burned them on the same bullshit story and they still wouldn't out them. Those same people are free to feed bullshit to the rest of the MSM, who lack the journalistic standards to corroborate shit first.

jfc, learn to recognize a vessel of propaganda. You all look like fools continuing to push this hysterical shit. Have you really been fooled this whole time? Come on!

Really, they are real policies you can attack T'rump on, the problem is the hillbots are to the right of T'rump. They are fringe and know they can't run on their radical ideas.

Today they celebrated giving T'rump warrantless surveillance powers. No wonder they don't attack T'rump on policy grounds - they are even crazier than he is.

- President Franklin D. Roosevelt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 pm 

The White House isn’t denying it you douche.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:58 pm 

Quote:
//

//

Oh, you're right. It must be true then! Idiot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm 

I assume you can spell out shithole using random letters from hillary’s Email so it’s her fault

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

BigJibboo wrote:
dduquette wrote:
The funny thing is that hillbots to believe that it wasn't progressives staying home, but rather that progressives voted for T'rump, that delivered the result.

I believe it was dumb people in the rust belt, that bought into Trumps nonsense, that won him the election.

You still think what people thought in December 2016. Its long been disproved.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm 

It's partially true - T'rump ran to the left of Hilliary on many issues.

It's not dumb though. Hilliary was a well known liar and cheat and T'rump wasn't. So when given the choice between voting for someone who they know is lying vs someone who might be lying, the one who might be lying is a better choice, since they might be sincere. What's dumb is to expect people to just say fuck it and enthusiastically vote for someone they know is going to fuck them over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:11 pm 

Let's not forgot this is the same ignorant dipshit who said all Haitian immigrants have AIDs and that African immigrants should "go back to their huts"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm 

Real policies to attack Trump on, indeed.

But let's carry on and get upset about 'shithole' and Russiagate.

Meanwhile Democrats in Congress are approving massive increases in military spending for him and failing to stop any of this shit even when they have the chance. Kind of like how they failed to include a public option or single payer, even when they had the chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:15 pm 

"We should have more people from places like Norway"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:17 pm 

It was progressive Democrats like me who stayed home that swung the Obama midwest T'rump.

But also the independents broke for T'rump but would would have broke for Bernie had he won. Given both those factors is why Hilliary lost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:19 pm 

I have the capacity to be upset about more than one trump issue at one time.

Personally, I expect underhanded spy shit from all administrations, Obama included. I don't expect rampant and unapologetic racism, at least not in the 21st century. But maybe I should. Both are frustrating, only one is unparalleled.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:33 pm 

keeping it classy

Quote:

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

huck_finn wrote:
keeping it classy

Quote:

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to African countries and Haiti. He then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries like Norway, whose prime minister he met Wednesday.

You should take your own advise. Pushing propaganda isn't very classy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 pm 

Shit hole president

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 pm 

dduquette wrote:
huck_finn wrote:
keeping it classy

Quote:

are you telling me he didn't say that?

it's all over the news

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Thursday questioned why the United States would want to have immigrants from Haiti and African nations, referring to some as “shithole countries,” according to two sources familiar with the comments.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration/trump-questions-taking-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-sources-idUSKBN1F036O

I hope we find out

Last edited by huck_finn on Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm 

halYEM wrote:
Personally, I expect underhanded spy shit from all administrations, Obama included.

i understand your feelings but isn't it sad that we've reached this point?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 pm 

garrison wrote:
Shit hole president

Just our racist old crazy grandpa president.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:14 pm 

I support the fisa bill.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:16 pm 

i support you, browntrout. thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:18 pm 

huck_finn wrote:
dduquette wrote:
huck_finn wrote:
keeping it classy

Quote:

are you telling me he didn't say that?

it's all over the news

Quote:
President Donald Trump on Thursday questioned why the United States would want to have immigrants from Haiti and African nations, referring to some as “shithole countries,” according to two sources familiar with the comments.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration/trump-questions-taking-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-sources-idUSKBN1F036O

I hope we find out

Right. And the 3 anonymous sources were "all over the news" saying T'rump was asking to reach out to Russians before winning the Presidency. That turned out to be bullshit, and the culprits are still out there feeding bullshit to the MSM.

You were fooled by that. When are you going to learn?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 pm 

Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Except those from shithole countries, because fuck them!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:31 pm 

nice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm 

He must've been talking about Brazil, no?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm 

Africa and Haiti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:46 pm 

Yeah. That was a joke about Brazil being a shithole where we had like a 10 page thread on it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 pm 

should have known

not sure if I was around for that one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:51 pm 

bluegrasshole wrote:
halYEM wrote:

Why the hell would people from Norway wanna come here?

education, quality of life, healthca--- oh. yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm 

just makes that comment even more ignorant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 pm 

dduquette wrote:

It's not dumb though. Hilliary was a well known liar and cheat and T'rump wasn't

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 pm 

Normay
F-52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 am 

elsnerr wrote:
dduquette wrote:

It's not dumb though. Hilliary was a well known liar and cheat and T'rump wasn't

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jesus Christ stop quoting him. That may be the most ridiculous post in this thread. He’s a unique combination of stupid and crazy.

Just realized that last sentences ambiguity. It could be referencing dd or trump.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:41 am 

PHATASS78 wrote:
That is why no Rebublican in congress will ever grow a backbone and and do something about trump. They know that he will sign anything put on his desk. As long as they can control what is presented to him, their agenda will be served.

I fucking hate how true this is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:20 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 am 

NEOphan wrote:

The decision to move the embassy was made by Bush 43 in 2008.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am 

More like Snoreway amirite?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 ... 126  Next