phook.net

Sorry not sorry
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 pm
Posts: 950
Location: MI
collective11 wrote:
I am on record as saying that 3.0 is the worst of eras for me. Recent shows - occasional moment excepted - do not change that. However, I would like to think that the boys see the BD shows as a way - maybe the last - to cement their legacy in a supreme way.
I may be jaded, too, but I have hope, lol


I could see them ending 2019. Ten years of 3.0. If they only play twenty shows a year can still continue?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Feel the power of my fusion lick.
BigJibboo wrote:
collective11 wrote:
I am on record as saying that 3.0 is the worst of eras for me. Recent shows - occasional moment excepted - do not change that. However, I would like to think that the boys see the BD shows as a way - maybe the last - to cement their legacy in a supreme way.

I may be jaded, too, but I have hope, lol



What a sad outlook.

Love me some 3.0. For the most part they sound as good as ever to me.


Nope. I'm still here, giving them a chance every damn time. Still worth the ride.

But c'mon. They simply do NOT play their instruments as well as they did a decade ago. Fact.

Or opinion.

One of those.

LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Feel the power of my fusion lick.
tylerjamiz wrote:
collective11 wrote:
I am on record as saying that 3.0 is the worst of eras for me. Recent shows - occasional moment excepted - do not change that. However, I would like to think that the boys see the BD shows as a way - maybe the last - to cement their legacy in a supreme way.
I may be jaded, too, but I have hope, lol


I could see them ending 2019. Ten years of 3.0. If they only play twenty shows a year can still continue?


Sure. a short tour here and there. It isn't for the money anymore, which may be part of the issue. I don't know, just know how they make me feel, and they dont make me feel it as they once did.... but they still do get me excited enough to check in on most occasions.

Nothing sad about that, for me anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:47 pm
Posts: 27644
Location: suburban hell
that page part at the end of the Squirming Coil about had me crying

loved that encore


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:09 am
Posts: 24298
Location: massivetwoshits
BigJibboo wrote:
collective11 wrote:
I am on record as saying that 3.0 is the worst of eras for me. Recent shows - occasional moment excepted - do not change that. However, I would like to think that the boys see the BD shows as a way - maybe the last - to cement their legacy in a supreme way.

I may be jaded, too, but I have hope, lol



What a sad outlook.

Love me some 3.0. For the most part they sound as good as ever to me.


Agreed

_________________
Well, why go to a fine restaurant, when you can just stick something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:54 pm
Posts: 38450
Location: There won't be nothin' but big old hearts dancin' in our eyes.
Boots_McGee wrote:
Meh first set, decent second set. Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday evening...



Right on, I didn't hate life. My partner is in his busy season and it was nice to be up late with them and yous.

_________________
brinsonfolks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 1999 1:05 am
Posts: 11808
I don't see the end anytime soon. They're happy and they're cashing big checks for little effort.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 3:19 pm
Posts: 6943
So funny this debate still goes on almost every show. Of course phish does not play as well as they used to....no band keeps up the same level for over 30 years. Similar to an athlete, they peak and then come back down the other side. I'm sure the band themselves realize this and probably don't even sweat it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 34210
I always enjoy a Coil encore.
I always leave if a Loving Cup follows. Not a fan at all anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Feel the power of my fusion lick.
RagingHardOn wrote:
So funny this debate still goes on almost every show. Of course phish does not play as well as they used to....no band keeps up the same level for over 30 years. Similar to an athlete, they peak and then come back down the other side. I'm sure the band themselves realize this and probably don't even sweat it.


Part of gettin' old :lol:



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2000 11:52 pm
Posts: 78591
Location: The #6 dance.
With a lot of bands that started that long ago you're getting one original band member and a greatest hits show. With Phish, we still, for the most part, the original band and a unique setlist every night.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:57 am
Posts: 11968
Location: Kansas
muethibp wrote:
Ghost got hot

_________________
/pills /pills/pills /pills/pills /pills/pills /pills


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 25873
collective11 wrote:
But c'mon. They simply do NOT play their instruments as well as they did a decade ago. Fact.

Or opinion.

One of those.

LOL


I would say that's true from a chops perspective. None of them play like they did back in the 90s and early 00s. They're older and they're not playing a hundred shows a year anymore. But, there's more to the music than that.

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2000 11:52 pm
Posts: 78591
Location: The #6 dance.
Maybe they should get Mayer to join?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 pm
Posts: 6905
As much as 31,000 on the stream tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:16 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: Come from the land of Lizards. We miss ya Pete.
Jammin72 wrote:
Officially spoiled by the first two nights of tour I've decided.


Exactly how I feel about it.

_________________
I come from the land of Lizards & the Lizards they have died


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 4:07 am
Posts: 9114
Location: Manhattan
Boots_McGee wrote:
I would say that's true from a chops perspective. None of them play like they did back in the 90s and early 00s. They're older and they're not playing a hundred shows a year anymore. But, there's more to the music than that.


A fucking men. The party is strong.

_________________
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, the only way, it does not exist.
-Nietzsche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:57 am
Posts: 11968
Location: Kansas
Namurti wrote:
A little off subject but Phish has played Loving Cup many more timesnthan the Stones right? I mean the Stones do show and give or take a song maybe 2 their shows historically are not wildly exploratory (in song choice) as far as playing sets go. So I know Loving cup isnt played at many a Stones show whereas Phish has it atleast every 5 shows since it came to rotation. I dont know when off the top of my head.



Quote:
The Rolling Stones played “Loving Cup” live during their 1972 tour in support of the album but have played it sparingly since.

Since the near-exile of “Loving Cup” early after its debut, the song has been in regular rotation and ranks among the most played cover songs in the Phish repertoire.
From phish.net
I was just making sure of something i knew already but felt unconfident about for a minute.f sure

_________________
/pills /pills/pills /pills/pills /pills/pills /pills


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm
Posts: 9875
Location: Eastern Bluebird Nukka
huck_finn wrote:
that page part at the end of the Squirming Coil about had me crying

loved that encore


Its moments like that that will always keep me coming back.

_________________
GiddyTomato wrote:
Costco chicken eaters have to die. No respect for the earth or their taste buds so its not that great of a loss


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:42 pm
Posts: 80833
Location: Exactly where I'm supposed to be.
Boots_McGee wrote:
collective11 wrote:
But c'mon. They simply do NOT play their instruments as well as they did a decade ago. Fact.

Or opinion.

One of those.

LOL


I would say that's true from a chops perspective. None of them play like they did back in the 90s and early 00s. They're older and they're not playing a hundred shows a year anymore. But, there's more to the music than that.



They do a lot of things better. I'll take some of these 3.0 jams to the weird 94-95 stuff any day.

_________________
dontbedenied wrote:
I'm a faggot douchebag dirtball alcoholic in need of therapy to deal w my self esteem issues


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 29487
Location: This aggression will not stand, man.
emmasdream wrote:
Jammin72 wrote:
Officially spoiled by the first two nights of tour I've decided.


Exactly how I feel about it.



Definitely agree with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 25873
BigJibboo wrote:
Boots_McGee wrote:
collective11 wrote:
But c'mon. They simply do NOT play their instruments as well as they did a decade ago. Fact.

Or opinion.

One of those.

LOL


I would say that's true from a chops perspective. None of them play like they did back in the 90s and early 00s. They're older and they're not playing a hundred shows a year anymore. But, there's more to the music than that.



They do a lot of things better. I'll take some of these 3.0 jams to the weird 94-95 stuff any day.


I would just say it's different. Now, it's much more calculated whereas back then it was more reckless abandon. To clarify: I'm talking about the jamming styles

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Feel the power of my fusion lick.
From tonight.
THAT'S fucking gorgeous.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:08 pm
Posts: 35519
Location: NYC
They went through many different eras of jamming

All were better than now, in their own special better way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 242
Location: Atlantic City
Show was pretty lame. Can't help but think the summer 2016 malaise is carrying over. Chicago did have a few decent points. Holding out hope that after 10 shows into tour before my MSG run that I will hit the jackpot. Been pretty lucky to avoid beginning-tour warmup Phish over the last 20 years.

Just hard to compare the previous Nutter Center performance to this. Thought they'd at least get some kind of rare bust out (Peaches and Mist don't count). Thought Crosseyed would have been a given.

I dunno. I just can't get over how bad last year was, actually post Magnaball. Saw MGB band last time in Philly. They're much more interesting than post Magna Phish.


Last edited by hood706 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:36 am
Posts: 15430
Location: @:^)
Wow really? You were there?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 242
Location: Atlantic City
RockingHamiltons wrote:
Wow really? You were there?


Naa. I sent my wife.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:02 pm
Posts: 12888
Location: CLE
my god the negativity in here is lol


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 25873
NEOphan wrote:
my god the negativity in here is lol


It's kinda par for the course, isn't it?

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Posts: 25873
hood706 wrote:
I dunno. I just can't get over how bad last year was, actually post Magnaball. Saw MGB band last time in Philly. They're much more interesting than post Magna Phish.


First leg last year was not that good; but I thought west coast, Dick's (one of the best overall runs of shows that I've seen), and Vegas were all great.

_________________
It is written, "he who makes the best egg salad shall rule over heaven and earth." Don't ask me why egg salad; I have enough aggravation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:38 pm
Posts: 242
Location: Atlantic City
Boots_McGee wrote:
hood706 wrote:
I dunno. I just can't get over how bad last year was, actually post Magnaball. Saw MGB band last time in Philly. They're much more interesting than post Magna Phish.


First leg last year was not that good; but I thought west coast, Dick's (one of the best overall runs of shows that I've seen), and Vegas were all great.


I removed the Vegas sentence that I had. After a few indoor shows into a tour, they always seem to get on fire. Think they are always at they're best when they get into an indoor run. When was the last all indoor tour? Fall 2013? Fire. MSG will be fire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2000 11:52 pm
Posts: 78591
Location: The #6 dance.
Listening to an older DWD and realizing how slowed down tonight's was. Not complaining. Just hadn't noticed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:56 am
Posts: 5191
Location: Feel the power of my fusion lick.
Actually preferred tonight's DWD to the Ghost.
And the short Wombat jam better than both.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:31 pm
Posts: 6423
Location: sitting on top of the world
Second set was pretty damn good . Sorry (0) if you didn't like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 1867
Im right there with ya Neo. Show was fuckin great tonight. Place is tiny.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2001 8:39 am
Posts: 25094
Location: Wherever you go, There you are
7.18.2017
Nutter Butter Center--Dayton, OH


set 1
Tuesday[1],
Peaches en Regalia >
Free
Roggae
Sugar Shack
Maze
Horn
Crazy Sometimes [1] >
46 Days ->
Runaway Jim

set 2
Down with Disease ->
Mountains In the Mist >
Waves >
Ghost >
Wombat>
Chalk Dust Torture

encore
The Squirming Coil

[1] Phish debut


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:09 am
Posts: 24298
Location: massivetwoshits
hood706 wrote:
Just hard to compare the previous Nutter Center performance to this



Well, yeah. Anyone who tries to compare the 97 show to last night is fooling themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the band wasn't well aware of what they did there in 97. I'm sure they remember playing there, but knowing that it ranks in the upper echelon of thousands of shows? Doubt it

_________________
Well, why go to a fine restaurant, when you can just stick something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:31 am
Posts: 3146
clapX3 wrote:
As much as 31,000 on the stream tonight.


Is that it? Seems really low, right?

Makes you wonder how many people are actually buying the live streams if they can only pull 31k for a completely free one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 29487
Location: This aggression will not stand, man.
Pooks wrote:
hood706 wrote:
Just hard to compare the previous Nutter Center performance to this



Well, yeah. Anyone who tries to compare the 97 show to last night is fooling themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the band wasn't well aware of what they did there in 97. I'm sure they remember playing there, but knowing that it ranks in the upper echelon of thousands of shows? Doubt it



97 was an archival release, I'm sure they realize where that show ranks. Elevating the expectations and looking for that kind of magic to return because of the venue is just setting oneself up for a disappointment.

Last night was fine. Nothing spectacular but certainly nothing bad. I would've had a blast if I were inside the venue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 1867
I know going to the show is always different but I really felt like that set 2 was great. Gimme risks (jamming our Wombat, prolonging a DWD) over whatever the hell was happpening in early 3.0 anyday. Really feel like 2-3 type II jams peaked in set 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 29487
Location: This aggression will not stand, man.
SpudClampDawg wrote:
clapX3 wrote:
As much as 31,000 on the stream tonight.


Is that it? Seems really low, right?

Makes you wonder how many people are actually buying the live streams if they can only pull 31k for a completely free one.



Depends if that's a cumulative number taken from all three outlets (facebook, twitter, youtube) or just from one. Keep in mind they announced this broadcast with little notice.

Even so, if they got 10k to order just the standard def webcast they're still looking at $150k in revenue from one broadcast alone. There's no doubt it's still worth the effort to webcast their shows.

It would be interesting to know how many they average per webcast and if they see a spike in ticket sales to upcoming shows after one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 1867
Can't wait for tonight. On the road here shortly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:09 am
Posts: 24298
Location: massivetwoshits
BrianH20 wrote:
Pooks wrote:
hood706 wrote:
Just hard to compare the previous Nutter Center performance to this



Well, yeah. Anyone who tries to compare the 97 show to last night is fooling themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the band wasn't well aware of what they did there in 97. I'm sure they remember playing there, but knowing that it ranks in the upper echelon of thousands of shows? Doubt it



97 was an archival release, I'm sure they realize where that show ranks. Elevating the expectations and looking for that kind of magic to return because of the venue is just setting oneself up for a disappointment.

Last night was fine. Nothing spectacular but certainly nothing bad. I would've had a blast if I were inside the venue.


do the 4 of them have say in what shows to be released? I figured it all rested on Shapiro's shoulders

from watching it at home, i really liked set 2 (i was doing stuff around the house for most of set 1 so i only caught a few parts), and definitely would have had a blast had i been inside the venue

_________________
Well, why go to a fine restaurant, when you can just stick something in the microwave? Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 am 
Online

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 5:02 pm
Posts: 12888
Location: CLE
I mean what more could you ask for out of a 3.0 second set?

Big hitters (DWD/Ghost), type 2 jams, silly Phish stuff (wombat), jamming on a song that doesn't get jammed really (wombat)...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 29487
Location: This aggression will not stand, man.
Pooks wrote:
BrianH20 wrote:
Pooks wrote:
hood706 wrote:
Just hard to compare the previous Nutter Center performance to this



Well, yeah. Anyone who tries to compare the 97 show to last night is fooling themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if the band wasn't well aware of what they did there in 97. I'm sure they remember playing there, but knowing that it ranks in the upper echelon of thousands of shows? Doubt it



97 was an archival release, I'm sure they realize where that show ranks. Elevating the expectations and looking for that kind of magic to return because of the venue is just setting oneself up for a disappointment.

Last night was fine. Nothing spectacular but certainly nothing bad. I would've had a blast if I were inside the venue.


do the 4 of them have say in what shows to be released? I figured it all rested on Shapiro's shoulders


No idea what kind of democracy it is/was when it comes to choosing archival releases. They did reference '97 when they advertised last night's webcast, so they know where that show ranks in terms of legendary Phish performances.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 4:07 am
Posts: 9114
Location: Manhattan
NEOphan wrote:
I mean what more could you ask for out of a 3.0 second set?

Big hitters (DWD/Ghost), type 2 jams, silly Phish stuff (wombat), jamming on a song that doesn't get jammed really (wombat)...


energy. felt like the set didnt get any steam until ghost... and even that was a slow jam (in fact, it felt perfect for them to go there as they were in slow jam mode all set and ghost often comes into greatness from that slowness). thought disease was lackluster, then mountains and waves... oof. but ghost was great and wombat too. it sure as hell sounded like they were headed into sanity from ghost.

all that said - would have loved to be there instead of my couch

_________________
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, the only way, it does not exist.
-Nietzsche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2001 2:46 pm
Posts: 17936
Location: out there
astropimp wrote:
NEOphan wrote:
I mean what more could you ask for out of a 3.0 second set?

Big hitters (DWD/Ghost), type 2 jams, silly Phish stuff (wombat), jamming on a song that doesn't get jammed really (wombat)...


energy. felt like the set didnt get any steam until ghost... and even that was a slow jam (in fact, it felt perfect for them to go there as they were in slow jam mode all set and ghost often comes into greatness from that slowness). thought disease was lackluster, then mountains and waves... oof. but ghost was great and wombat too. it sure as hell sounded like they were headed into sanity from ghost.

all that said - would have loved to be there instead of my couch

It didnt get any steam cause you were on your fucking couch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 08, 2000 4:07 am
Posts: 9114
Location: Manhattan
NO SIR - i was dancing in my living room. it didn't gain any steam because it lacked energy... which is fine, they cant all be straight fire.

_________________
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, the only way, it does not exist.
-Nietzsche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 am 
Online

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 6:49 am
Posts: 59567
Location: You can call me Al.
10 pages on the worst show so far.

4 pages on the best show so far.

lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:13 am
Posts: 10442
Location: Cloud Nine!
We set the bar impossibly high for the band when they're on tour. When they hit on all cylinders, we're happy. When they have an off night or a night that isn't perfect from start to finish, some of us say that they've suddenly forgotten how to play. Sounds like the fanbase since the beginning.
:roll: :lol:

Even on an off night where they mangle half the songs, they're better than 95% of the bands out there and would be one of the most fun concerts to be at.

Keep calm and rock on!
:Bananeyessss: :wook :banana-guitar:

_________________
Castigat ridendo mores


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.